cleaning up our oceans one marina at a time
The Seabinis a floating debris collector device designed to be installed in the water of marinas, ports, docks and any water body with a calm environment and services available. It could be installed in “debris problem area” and it can catch over 500 kg of debris per year, including micro plastics down to 2 mm of diameter.
WHY USING A SEABIN
Seabin is a better than any existing solutions:
- Low cost
- Operates 24/7
- 500 kilos of waste/year per Seabin
- Massive public awareness
- Educative & preventive
- Touristic asset
FUNCTIONING AND MAINTENANCE
Collection is provided by a submersible electric pump capable of displacing 25,000 liters per hour.
The water is sucked in from the surface and passes through a catch bag inside the Seabin.
The catch bag can hold 20 kg of trash and must be emptied daily.
The correct positioning enables the currents to push the debris directly to the Seabin.
Maintenance is easy, but must be performed regularly by a qualified staff member.
The Seabin is manufactured in three versions:
- Installation on floating pontoons
- Installation on fixed quays
- Mobile floating version
- Power : 110V / 220V 500W
- Pump: 25,000 LPH
- Sturdy HDPE construction
- Marine Grade Stainless Bracket
- Capture micro plastics > 2 mm
- Catch bag holds 20 kg
- Weight with brackets: 57 kg
- Electrical cable 6 m long
Required site details:
- Maximum water current speed 1,5 knots
- Maximum wave height 20 cm
- Minimum 120 cm of draught on the lowest tide
- Freeboard range between 32 cm and 82 cm
Request a quote
To request a quote or talk to one of our experts, please complete and submit the form below.